Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pinoy Diver, Pinay Diver too.



Picture grabbed from Ms. Dindin Fortich Bollozos's Friendster... I believe she is the one diving here with her female student, also, she has a twin sister diver at UP MSI Bolinao Marine Laboratory...As I am featuring here in my blog my dive blogs and my two sons', I will also include pinay divers who are increasingly into this pre-dominantly macho image sports or adventure. In fact, the students now enrolled in Marine Biology courses are increasingly female and the ratio when my 2nd son Ronald graduated was 3 to 3. During my time,only male graduates and we only have stag parties during field trips. Although I did not graduate as a marine biologist, I retained fellowship with many of my marine biology classmates, who were also Crusader Magazines staffers, namely,Dr. Ronaldo Ferraris, based now in New Jersey, Bong Tiro, based in Canada, Nestor Musni, Nestor Abanil.. They were the ones we assisted during their field work along shores of Laguindingan , El Salvador which the school has its marine station before, Opol up to Bulua and Punta Gorda in Jasaan where we always did our skin diving.. we still did not have scuba gears back then, only fr. bolinas used to do scuba with a primitive gear but it looked sophisticated back then. Arnil Emata,younger than me, a PhD consultant with BFAR, Tomas Young, a chinoy cebuano who was the maintenance man for our aquarium in the lab and pond in front of the science building, Alvin Mangubat, now state-side were backliners of the marines during those days, I cannot remember our female classmates if there were any.. Rachel Polistico, also a diver now, I think was political science major back then, I dont know if she second coursed marine bio...Dean Dawang was a top student in chemistry, is also a pinay diver. Almost all the biology teachers at Xavier Universtity now, are divers, and are mostly females, except for Mr. Fra-and Quimpo , who is an Advanced Open Water Diver.
As I have mentioned, increasingly, female divers are on the rise, or I should say, are underwater, expect more of my blogs with pinay divers...I will feature pinay divers more often,. up next will be the pinay diver who discovered a new specie in Israel..I have to ask permission first...

1 comment:

Caffe Antonina said...

aguatyan white island at http://bit.ly/bhoDF